SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting directly to the VP & Chief Contracts Officer, works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts. Requires knowledge of government contracting and corporate policies and procedures.
Location: Alexandria, VA
- Serves as the administrative representative for Executive Leadership. Maintains strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Functions as liaison on behalf of the team, working collaboratively with other departments and staff to achieve desired organizational goals.
- Performing office and administrative duties to assist executive management using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, and Smartsheets.
- Responsible for direct support of meeting coordination including the development of meeting documents, including agenda, presentations and preparation of minutes.
- Prepare and create regularly scheduled reports and update internal databases and files.
- Responsible for contract management, file organization, and e-filing documents.
- Researching Federal Travel Regulations and Federal Acquisition Regulations as required.
- Manages expenses for senior leaders /manager; to include reviewing and assisting with reconciliation of employee expense reports.
- Assist in reviewing contract/project deliverables as needed (review, edit, revise) and ensure that it is consistent with legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with staff and clientele by maintaining excellent internal and external customer service standards.
- Act as the point of contact between executive and employees/clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced knowledge and practice using spreadsheets preferred.
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Dependability and reliability required.
- High attention to detail with proven skill producing error-free, professional-looking documents and other materials.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Able to work independently and consult appropriately with supervisor.
- Able to prioritize projects in order to meet different deadlines.
- Able to do multiple tasks with many interruptions and distractions.
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, while maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to comply within agency confidentiality guidelines.
- Effective communication and administrative skills.
- Strong organization skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or at least 3+ year relevant experience.
- Relevant contract experiences preferred, with a focus in government contracts.
- Previous work with contracts related to the American Indian/Alaska Native communities desired.
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, please complete the form below.