The Associate Director manages the operations of the annual fundraising campaign within one or more overseas combatant command (CoComs) to maximize community participation and contributions. Responsibilities include overseeing campaign organization, pledge activity, volunteer program management, and implementing campaign strategies and tactics to ensure achievement of fundraising goals.
Location: Kapaun Air Station, Germany
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads all campaign-related operations within assigned CoCom and supports other CoComs as necessary in accordance with the overall campaign plan developed by the Director.
- Executes specific tactics outlined in the campaign plan to include: command planning and coordination; obtaining official tasking orders, MOUs and travel orders; recruiting, training and managing a large group of voluntary campaign workers; providing excellent customer service to campaign workers, donors and participating charities; organizing logistical support for materials, supplies, promotional items and awards to Community/Area Project Officers (CAPOs); garnering leadership support through visits, office calls and communications; and conducting after action review (AAR) and feedback collection.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an annual marketing and communication plan to maximize awareness including installation publications, Armed Forces radio and television, public service announcements, public affairs offices, social media and local community events.
- Builds and promotes exceptional relationships with community and command representatives.
- Achieves fundraising dollar, participation and other goals established by the Outreach Coordinator.
- Conducts local charity education and outreach to maximize charity participation and involvement in the campaign events.
- Supports community engagement activities such as contests and partnerships (such as the DoDDS art and PSA contests).
- Participates in campaign culmination activities such as local recognition events and national award program nominations.
- Completes general office support and administrative tasks such as: maintaining office files, drafting various forms of correspondence, spreadsheets, reports and presentations, and responding to all phone, fax and e-mail inquiries as soon as possible or within 24 hours of receipt.
- Provides assistance to Outreach Coordinator staff as required in relation to travel, training coordination and itineraries for trips within the CoCom.
- Informs Senior Associate Director of issues regarding the campaign as needed.
Possible Additional Responsibilities
- Supervises temporary or permanent administrative assistant(s). When necessary assists HR in staff recruitment efforts (i.e. advertising the position, conducting interviews with potential candidates and completing onboarding/exciting procedures).
- Oversees the entire bidding, printing, and distribution of all campaign materials.
- Manages competitive bid process for suppliers and service providers required for the campaign.
- Serves as facilities and/or information systems support manager.
- Completes additional assignments, serves on task forces and completes special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Maintains social media accounts.
- Updates website.
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience working with the military
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience
- Previous supervisory and/or volunteer management experience preferred
- Must be able to work effectively within the military and federal government environment
- Must be a US military ID card holder with SOFA status
- Demonstrated ability in training, marketing, logistics administration and/or fundraising
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Customer service focus is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be an enthusiastic, flexible and effective team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritize; must be able to work independently
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail
- Must be available to travel
- Some alternate (evening or weekend hours) may be required
- Must be able to wrap, pack, ship and lift boxes (35 pounds)
- MS Office suite experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, please complete the form below.