Corporate Headquarters: Alexandria, VA
Tribal Tech, LLC is an American Indian SBA certified 8(m) woman-owned small business, headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We provide a diverse range of management and technical consulting services in the health/wellness, energy and education realm to federal agencies, state government, American Indian/Alaska Native tribes and private businesses. Our staff operates with the highest standards and principles that support legal and ethical business practices. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance and Partnership” embody an environment where employees are empowered and can flourish, and clients may fully benefit from our specialized capabilities.
Tribal Tech, LLC is seeking a dynamic Human Resources Generalist to be a part of the growing Human Resources Department. The HR Generalist under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources is responsible for all facets of the Human Resources Department. He/She will work as part of our corporate internal team and perform operational HR tasks in support of human resources activities; handle inquiries from employees and answer correspondence independently. He/She will provide HR operational support to the Director of Human Resources, assisting with the implementation of HR programs, policies, procedures and practices that focus on attracting, retaining and developing a larger employee base. Assist HR leadership with the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the HR functions including recruitment; retention; employee benefits; compensation; performance management; employee relations; training and development. This person is detail oriented, and comfortable with corresponding professionally with all employees in a fast-paced environment and working in collaboration with other HR professionals in the Department. This individual will be a PARTNER to the HR Director as well as build Partnerships with the other department’s employees.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources required
- 4 years required of HR experience as a Generalist
- In-depth knowledge of Human Resources Policy and Employee Relations; Previous work with contracts related to the American Indian/Alaska Native communities desired.
- Strong generalist knowledge of other HR disciplines; ability to identify situations where programs/policies/procedures cut across functional areas; ability to develop and coordinate the appropriate response
- Ability to identify, analyze, develop solutions and make decisions on complex or unique issues which address the company’s business needs
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Enormous levels of interpersonal skills, tact, maturity, and flexibility
- Multi-task in a high energy environment
- MS Office experience required in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, HRIS experience required
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Experience and understanding of being a HR Business Partner
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate effectively to employees and managers within all levels of the organization.
- Recruit and source for technical and non-technical candidates both in & out of American Indian/Alaska Native communities.
- Interviews, screens and evaluates external and internal candidates for job openings to identify applicants who fully meet the position requirements of posted requisitions and refers them to the hiring manager/ HR Director for consideration.
- They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, and have fun to get the job done.
- Utilizes outside of the box strategies to identify qualified candidates for hard to fill openings.
- Ensures that applicant tracking system is maintained and completed; applicants are dispositioned according to OFCCP guidelines.
- Creates job descriptions and places employment advertisement on websites, social media, etc.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of new hire paperwork and orientation process.
- Prepare offer letters and employment agreements, coordinates badging requirements with the customer and conducts new hire orientation as applicable.
- Facilitate new employee orientations by completing all necessary paperwork and on-boarding requirements in a timely manner.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of employee data in HRMS systems (New-Hire, Promotion, Transfers, Terminations, Re-hire). This process requires periodic data entry, extraction, and audit of information in the HR database; support implementation of new system functionality and applications.
- Improves systems performance by identifying problems; and recommending changes.
- Processes required documentation to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Maintains and organizes all HR files to include but not limited to: HR SharePoint, personnel records and other HR files.
- Research and ensures all employment regulations and compliance with state(s) and federal laws are adhered to.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, please complete the form below.